By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy and consent to your data and personal information being processed in accordance with it, as applicable.
- Effective date,
- Methods of consent collection,
- Purposes of data collection,
- Purposes of data processing,
- Personal information collected,
- Procedures used for processing,
- Access and control methods for personal information,
- Sharing and reasons for sharing personal information with third parties,
- Retention of personal information.
Respect for privacy and the protection of personal information are essential to us, which is why, through this Policy, we aim to safeguard them in accordance with current laws.
To ensure this protection, Productions Totem Contemporain commits to collecting, processing, and sharing information that identifies an individual only when that individual has consented, unless permitted or required by law, in which case your consent will not be necessary.
The purpose of this Policy is to inform users about why and how Productions Totem Contemporain, or anyone acting on its behalf, will collect and use their personal information. It is intended to be in clear language to ensure informed consent from users.
For the purposes of this Policy, "personal information" means all information about an identifiable individual or information that can identify an individual. Wherever possible, we will anonymize, pseudonymize, and/or aggregate this data so that it no longer identifies an individual.
2. Effective date
This Policy applies from September 22, 2023.
This Policy replaces the Privacy Protection Policy dated September 15, 2021.
3. Methods of consent collection
We commit to obtaining consent before collecting an individual's personal information. Consent can be explicit or implicit and can be provided directly by the individual or by their authorized representative.
We prefer to obtain explicit consent, whether verbally, electronically, or in writing. However, implicit consent can reasonably be inferred from a person's action or inaction. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication or a name and phone number to get a response to a question is considered implicit consent to collect information containing personal data. To determine the appropriate type of consent, we consider the sensitivity of the personal information in question, the purposes for which it is collected, and the reasonable expectations of someone in a similar situation.
If we want to use the personal information for a new purpose, we will describe the intended use and seek consent again.
It is not always possible, especially at the request of the state, to obtain a person's consent to collect, use, or disclose their personal information. We commit never to disclose this type of information, other than in accordance with this Policy unless the law requires or permits us to do so.
4. Purposes of data collection
Here are some reasons why we collect your personal information:
- To provide products and services: We will collect and process the necessary data and information to fulfill our mission and contractual obligations.
- To ensure and improve these products and services: Data collected during your interactions with our services may be used to analyze and improve our products and services.
- To develop new products and services, and for AI: The collected data may be used for research and development to offer new products and services to our users, especially through advertising and marketing messages. Furthermore, collected and aggregated data may be processed by algorithms using artificial intelligence.
- To offer personalized products and services: Collecting and analyzing data generated by your interactions with our services allows us to develop and create products and services relevant to always meet your cultural expectations, especially to plan for adaptation measures for clients who need them.
- To evaluate product and service performance: Data is collected to gain insights into the pros and cons of our products and services to evaluate and address them if necessary, especially through surveys. This helps ensure the quality of our products and services and promotes risk management.
- To protect our users' privacy: The collected data helps us verify identity and protect the privacy of individuals communicating with us by phone, electronically, or otherwise.
- To meet legal obligations: Data is collected to meet obligations arising from laws, regulations, or international treaties.
5. Personal Information Collected
Productions Totem Contemporain may collect personal information in various forms, but will only do so through lawful means and only for necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you, as described in this Policy, or when permitted or required by law.
The personal information collected, as well as its sensitivity, can vary depending on the context of the interactions between you and Productions Totem Contemporain. That's why our top priority is to inform you about the nature of the personal information we use.
We protect all the personal information collected. Among the personal information likely to be collected and used, we pay special attention to:
Name and contact details. First name and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar data used to communicate with you.
Identity verification. Passwords, password hints, and other similar security information used to identify you and access your account.
Subscription data. Information about your subscriptions related to cultural events and our newsletters.
Interactions. Data related to your use of websites, platforms, and tools created. This includes data you provide to use the products. In other cases, such as error reports, this refers to data we generate.
Other examples of interaction data we collect include:
- Site usage and engagement data. For instance:
- Payment and account history. Data on items you purchase and activities associated with your account.
- Problem resolution and support data. Information you provide when you contact Productions Totem Contemporain for help, including the products you use, and other information that helps us address your issue.
- Interests and preferences. Data about your interests and preferences, such as artists or music styles that get you to attend concerts, types of exhibitions and cultural events that interest you, cities where you are willing to go to attend certain cultural events. Apart from the information you explicitly provided, the other data we collect sometimes allows us to define or guess your interests and preferences.
- Content consumption data. Data about multimedia content (e.g., TV, video, music, audio, books, apps, games) you access through our products.
- Searches and commands. Search queries and commands you use when using our website.
- Location data. Data, which may or may not be accurate, about the location of your device. For example, we may collect location data from a device's IP address or account profile data indicating less precisely where you are, like the name of a city or postal code.
- Other data. Other data provided when using our website, including data from Google Analytics.
6. Purposes of Data Processing:
Provide our products and services. We use data to operate our products and services, and to provide you with rich and interactive experiences.
Product and/or service improvement. We use data to improve our products, including by adding new features or capabilities.
Personalization. Some products include personalized features, such as recommendations that optimize your experiences and satisfaction. These features use automated processes to adapt your experiences based on the data we have about you, such as inferences we make about you and your product use, activities, interests, and location.
Product and/or service development. We use data to develop new products. For instance, we use personal data that we anonymize or pseudonymize to better understand our customers' needs.
Customer support. We use data to diagnose and resolve product and/or service issues, restore access to your personal account, and provide other support and assistance services.
Help secure and troubleshoot. We use data to help secure and troubleshoot our products and services. This includes using data to ensure the security of services provided to our customers, detect malicious software and malicious activities, resolve performance and compatibility issues to help customers get the most out of their experience, and notify them of updates to our products and services. This may include the use of automated systems to detect security issues.
Security. We use data to protect the security of our products and our customers. Our security features can prevent the operation of malicious software and inform users of the detection of malicious software on their device or even use video surveillance to ensure public safety at events.
Surveys and promotional communications. We use the data we collect to provide surveys and promotional communications. You can subscribe to email subscriptions, respond to surveys, and choose whether or not to receive promotional communications from Productions Totem Contemporain by email, SMS, postal mail, and telephone. For more information on managing your contact details, email subscriptions, and promotional communications, see the "Access and Control of Your Personal Information" section of this Policy.
Relevant offers. Productions Totem Contemporain uses data to provide you with relevant and important information about the products and services offered. We analyze data from different sources to predict what will be most interesting and relevant to you and communicate it in various ways. For example, we might predict your interests in shows and suggest new activities you might like.
Advertising. Productions Totem Contemporain uses the data collected through its interactions with you, some of our products, and on third-party websites to advertise our products and services, including on third-party sites. We sometimes use automated processes to make ads more relevant.
Business transactions. We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with product subscriptions and use contact details to provide products purchased in our online stores/ticket offices.
Reporting and business operations. We use data to analyze our operations and improve decision-making. This enables us to make informed decisions and create reports on our business performance.
Protection of rights and property. We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce contracts, and protect our property. For example, we use data to verify the validity of tickets sold to combat fraud. We may use automated processes to detect and try to prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
Legal compliance. We process data to comply with the law. We also process contact details and identifiers to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
Research. We use data for research, including for scientific purposes and in the public interest when permitted by law.
7. Treatment Processes Used
Productions Totem Contemporainplaces the highest importance on the security of your personal information and commits to processing it in accordance with industry standards and norms, only for the purposes for which it was collected, as described in this policy or in a specific notice to that effect. However, absolute protection of this information is impossible due to inherent security limitations in Internet transmissions. Any information transmitted to us is thus ultimately at the user's own risk.
8. Access and Control Methods of Personal Information
Productions Totem Contemporain ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current, and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have the right to request access to your personal information for verification purposes and to request a correction if they are inaccurate. If you believe your personal information is inaccurate or if you want to access your personal information, you can make a request using the contact details provided at the end of this Policy.
To the best of our abilities, we will provide timely access to your personal information. However, for security reasons, we may need to verify your identity.
Furthermore, there may be circumstances where we cannot grant you access to your personal information. Specifically, when access could lead to the disclosure of personal information of another individual who refuses to consent to its disclosure, or when legal restrictions apply. If such a situation arises, we will notify you of the reason we cannot grant you access to your personal information.
If your request concerns data appearing on third-party websites or platforms, please contact these third parties directly.
9. Sharing and Reason for Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Productions Totem Contemporain, except for our authorized suppliers and partners who need access to the information for the purposes listed in this policy and within its limits, as well as in the following cases:
- With your consent.
- For storage in cloud servers, in which case personal information may pass through third-party jurisdictions. Note that we only retain the services of renowned companies with privacy policies.
Specifically, we use third-party supplier services to pool, clean, and analyze data in the cultural sector so they can enhance this data and develop tools for the benefit of the public or sector players.
- For legal reasons: We transmit personal information outside of our company if access to it is necessary to comply with current laws and regulations.
Productions Totem Contemporain pledges not to sell or rent your personal information to a third party.
10. Cookies and Similar Technologies
The cookies used mainly help retrieve the search history and carts (e.g., ticket purchases) related to the session, to facilitate the user's online browsing experience. It is essential to know that activating the cookie option can, depending on the configuration chosen, allow other servers to install cookies on your system. You can set your browser's settings to inform you of the presence of cookies, thus giving you the option to accept or reject them.
Please note that our website may contain links or referrals to third-party sites. This policy ceases to apply once you leave our website, and Productions Totem Contemporain is not responsible for the collection or processing of personal information by these third parties or through these external sources.
11. Retention of Personal Information
Productions Totem Contemporain retains the data collected for varying periods, depending on their nature and usefulness in providing our products and services. During the retention period, Productions Totem Contemporain takes physical and technical measures to ensure the security of data containing personal information.
The primary locations where personal information is stored are the cities where Productions Totem Contemporain has offices or facilities and the cities where Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud have servers containing data collected by Productions Totem Contemporain.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which you live if a third-party provider or another entity to whom we disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy is located outside of the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories within which the information is collected, used, disclosed, or stored, and government authorities and law enforcement agencies of these countries or territories may access it.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing depersonalized and anonymized data may be kept for extended periods.
Productions Totem Contemporain
7128 14e avenue
Montreal, QC, H2A 2V7
Email: productionstotemcontemporain [at] gmail [dot] com